Our learning this week
Review of learning week ending 4.9.20
We have had a great first week back at school and have loved welcoming the children back - we hope your children have enjoyed the first few days of Year 2! We have been really impressed by how mature and sensible the children have been on their return.
This week we have taken part in a whole school mini topic on 'Hope'. We have thought about our hopes for year 2 and recorded them on hot air balloons as part of our aiming high. We have read the story 'Mrs Rainbow' and thought about how she hopes for her house to stay rainbow coloured. We helped her to get her wish by writing some letters to the council to persuade them to let Mrs Rainbow keep her house colourful and it worked! We have been practising writing numbers and had a go at some hundred square challenges. We created our own artwork around our theme and sketched and coloured our own trees of hope. We also reminded ourselves of the expectations and rules, created and signed our class contract and recapped on what we have learnt so far about the anxiety gremlin - we even drew our own anxiety gremlin. We managed to fit a lot into the first 3 days of school and now need a rest ready for another busy week next week!
- In English we will be recapping on what makes a sentence and what a noun, verb and adjective is.
- In maths we will be looking at numbers to 100.
- Our outdoor PE day is going to be on a Wednesday so please send your child to school in their PE kit. They will wear this all day - please make sure it is school PE kit and that it is appropriate for the weather that day.
- Term 1 Newsletter and Topic Map is now on the Year 2 page - please have a read.
- Hopefully from next week we will be using teams instead of the school website for home learning and review of learning.