We aim to provide a rich offer of clubs at lunchtime and after school to inspire the children and help them to find out where their interests lie. Most of these clubs are run on a voluntary basis by school staff and a few are run by the older children in the school.
We have a few clubs which we offer to parents as something they can buy into. The management of these is by the organisations themselves and parents will need to pay them directly. We carry out safeguarding checks on these organisations and offer them the facilities without a hiring fee because we request their services.
We hope your child / children are able to take this opportunity to develop their hobbies, interests and skills.
Important Safeguarding Information regarding Clubs:
We have stipulated some very clear guidelines which will ensure we are adhering to good safeguarding practice:
- Attendance at a club expects commitment every week from a child.
- Only children on the club register can stay to clubs.
- Any children not on the register of an afterschool club will be sent to the office if they do not have permission to walk home (this will be in their share books)
- If a parent / child does not inform school they are not coming to an afterschool club they may be taken off the register for the foreseeable future and the parent informed via parentpay and a reply will be expected.
- If a parent phones in the morning to report their child’s absence, they also need to say if the child is due to attend an afterschool club. If they do not do this, the same point above applies.
- A child is expected to be collected on time every week. If this does not happen their membership of a club may be withdrawn.
Creativity Workshops with Mrs Heber. Booking is open now via www.creativityworkshops.co.uk
Future Stars also have after school clubs available to also book now through their website;